Sunday, May 6, 2012

The half way point

This tuesday marks the halfway point in my chemotherapy treatments with two weeks after that of low dose radiation. Two weeks ago I had a CT scan done and this Thursday learned the results. Everything showed that the lymph nodes were all shrinking letting them know that the chemo is doing its job and I am right on track. I had hoped it would have showed better results but I have to realize that some things just have to work in Gods timing and not what I want. I had also hoped my doctor would give me the okay to start attending church services again but he told me that would not be a good idea. I am still very suseptable to catching anything and everything out there once the chemo destroys my immune system and it takes time for my body to rebuild and get ready for the next treatment. Getting sick or infected would just delay my treatment and delay this whole process. I miss church so much, the praise and worship, my friends and family...singing and hearing my pastor preach. Lets just say those things mean a whole lot more to me now then when I wasnt restricted. But i am thankful for where i am at. I am alive, bave wonderful friends and family and so much support from all around me. I have learned who my true friends are, who loves me and misses me. Those people know who they are. Thank you all for your kindness, cards and flowers and visits! Without you guys I would have a hard time with this journey. I am so thankful that God has never left me alone in this and that he continues to bring healing in his own way. Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Miss you so much! As soon as Maci is over whatever she has {she's had it for almost 5 weeks now} I will come and bug you!!

    Hope you enjoy the sunshine we're supposed to be getting this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Maci :( I hope she gets better soon! I miss you guys so much!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you're halfway there!!! :) I do really miss you at church and I'm looking forward to you being able to go out and about again. I miss you coming over and hanging out on Saturdays too. I wish my kiddos weren't so germ-y so we could come visit more often. I love you so much and I'm praying for you every day!

    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be August before we know it :) At least I can go outside so there is always outdoor outings :)

      Delete