Monday, July 2, 2012

Miracle

For those who don't believe in miracles, don't bother reading, but for those who believe that the hand of God can reach down and touch you, heal you, I have to tell you what happened...

I have been having very bad back pain over the last 4 weeks. I cant contribute it to anything I was doing, eating, not doing...but the pain would come usually around two in the morning and continue for an hour and a half or until the pain pills would kick in, and even then the pain was only dulled. I say this to only get you a picture of how it was affecting me, but one episode left my whole back on fire and even felt like it was in my chest. All Jaime could do was hold me why I cried and moaned not knowing why, what was wrong and why God would not relieve this. That night I had a glimpse of why some people commit suicide...It was that intense. The most recent episodes of this were three nights in a row and it felt like it would continue on and on. My thought of this was that as my lymph nodes are shrinking they might be also shifting and one might be putting pressure on nerves in my back when my body would relax and settle. Regardless, I couldn't continue like this...popping pain pills and losing sleep. This Saturday I had gotten a text from my pastor telling me he had prayed for me for a long time. That night I was able to sleep without pain put still woke up early in the morning, unable to sleep. The devil must have been mad that a hedge was being put around me with prayer. That Sunday night as Jaime left for church, I got down and prayed that God would heal me of whatever was wrong with me...to take it away or help me figure out what I am doing to create the pain. I lay down on my bed and began to listen to some online preaching and what do ya know, it was about healing. At the end of listening to the sermon, something came over me. I felt something shift in my back and it was like a round ball was breaking to the surface in the skin of my back, it rolled down my back and it felt like it broke through my skin and was gone. It did not hurt, it was so soft- like feeling, but I went crazy tearing off my clothes thinking that a mouse had made its way in my shirt and was now scurrying somewhere in my clothes or in my bed. It felt that real. I patted down my clothes, my bed, my back...nothing. Already having stripped myself, I figure I might as well take a shower to calm myself or what, I don't know. There, in the shower, it dawned on me that God had answered my prayer and had taken out of me what was causing me pain. I told God right there that I claimed that as my healing...I began to cry and God's presence came down over me like a wave...all I could do was cry and speak in tongues. I felt so unworthy of his touch, but so grateful. When Jaime got home I told him what happened to me and I was amazed to learn something happened to him too. He to was having some work related back pain and when he was in church that night, something tugged his shirt, in the area that he has had pain. He said no one was around him to do that, and it was such a noticeable tug that he couldn't rule it out as a fluke. He accepted that it happened but it wasn't until I told him my story that he understood the reason for the tug. I realize that sometimes God makes you go through things so that you can experience his glory...his healing and his love for you. God has never forgotten me...even in the midst of wanting to somehow end the pain I was experiencing, God was there. Believe what you want, but I know, God healed me, took out a lymph node with a master surgeons hands and relived me of my pain. All I can say is I am so grateful, humble and in awe of such a great God.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful!! Thank you Jesus. His healing power is sooo amazing :)

    ReplyDelete